January 24, 2015

Up In The Gym

For those of you who know me you know I like to eat healthy and exercise. I’ve had some people ask me about what I do so I thought this was the perfect time to do a cliffs notes version,  I mean with health and fitness New Year’s Resolutions burning up my newsfeed and whatnot now’s the perfect time!
So let me start with what I’ve done WRONG.      WHAT?!!!?      Yes, I’m admitting that I have done things wrong before (Mr. L don’t get too used to this).
I’ll call these….Fitness BLUNDERS:
-Not knowing my own body i.e. what fuel it likes, how much it takes to make it through a day, etc. Knowing your body is SO important and it doesn’t just magically happen. It’s trial and error. I finally hit the right combination of health and fitness together and BOOM I’m in the best shape I’ve been in in years.
-Not eating enough vs. eating too much. I didn’t want to be stuck in a lifestyle where I was measuring my food constantly or counting my macros (what does that EVEN MEAN?!). I wanted to live a realistic lifestyle for someone who is busy and on the go constantly. So, this was a trial and error deal for me too. But with a few switcharoos here and there I figured it out.
-Not drinking enough H20. I have to have my water measured out so I know how much I’m consuming. Otherwise, I might feel like I’ve had a ton and really it isn’t enough. They say to take your total body weight divided by 2 and that is the number of ounces of water you should drink a day. I drink roughly a gallon. Yes, at first it was tough and yes, I pee a lot. (sorry TMI).
-Taking bad advice. Don’t compare yourself to other people and don’t listen to fitness advice from any and every Joe Schmoe who says they know health and fitness. It’s important to trust the person who is giving you advice and know that they have your best interest at heart.
So, that being said- here are a few particulars about my routine:
My fav eating style: Paleo-ish. Yes I added an ish. I do that a lot. For the most part my diet is Paleo, but I do eat some stuff that is not Paleo and that works for me. If you’re curious as to what a weekly meal plan looks like for me let me know. I’d be happy to share.
Fav go-to lunch: Black Bean Quinoa Burgers. (not really burgers at all) but SO SO delicious. I’ll share it in the recipes tab.
Fav workout: CardioMMA at New World Krav Maga and Crossfit. NOTHING feels better after a stressful day than punching and kicking the crap out of a bag. Nothing.
Fav song to workout to: David Guetta- Play Hard (I’m a big David Guetta fan for just about any workout, but especially running it just really gets me going and keeps me moving fast.) I also like the pop and hip-hop power hour station on Pandora.
Fav shoes: Depending on the workout. Crossfit/CMMA- Nano 3.0’s; Running- Brooks Ravenna.
IMG_7399
Fav App: Nike+Running & MyWOD. Both cheap. Both awesome at keeping track of stuff.
Fav Supplements:
Energy: Advocare Spark
Hydration: Advocare Rehydrate
Meal Replacement: Visalus Body by Vi Shakes
Yes, I use supplements from two different companies, no I don’t care. Like I said- you have to know your body and do what’s best for it.
So that’s my health and fitness regimen in a quick little nutshell. There’s a lot more to it, but I don’t want you snoozin’ before the end of the post!! If you want to know more reach out! I’d love to chat with you.
Adios friends!
IMG_7840

No comments:

Post a Comment