January 28, 2015

Quail Woman Attemps Dog Rescue

Welcome to Counselor with a Cape 2.0. This is my new home! I hope you like it. All of my previous posts from WordPress are located in the archives here, so don’t worry- if there’s something you liked you can still access it. Take a look around. I think you’ll like what you see. I will add new content frequently, so don’t miss out.


To kick things off here at my new location I’d like to provide a giveaway to all my loyal readers. Wanna know how to win? The first 50 people who submit their e-mail address at the very bottom of this page to subscribe to Counselor with a Cape will be entered in a drawing for a box of my ultimate favorite workout/energy drink. ADVOCARE SPARK! YASSSS! Ready, set, GO! The winner will be announced at the beginning of next week!

As for counselor world and life in general, it’s getting exciting. For those of you who don’t know, I’m getting married in A MONTH. That being said, things could start getting crazy hectic anytime now. I keep telling myself- “DON’T. START. PANICKING.” So far, I have been relatively calm throughout the process so I hope things remain that way.

Today though, I wish I legitimately had a cape. I’d wear it. You don’t believe me? Picture Quail Man. Remember him? From that old cartoon Doug. (If you are near my age and you didn’t watch Doug we can’t be friends anymore). Anyways, one of my precious students left a dog tied up to a post at his bus stop this morning. I’m sure his heart was in the right place, but clearly we were concerned. Fast forward a little….and dun, dun, DUN… Counselor with a Cape to the rescue. I drove out to the boonies to save the pup. Of course when I got there the student’s mother, who we could not reach on the 100 phone numbers we had for her, had gone to get the pup and taken it home. I know because I went to his house to make sure it was there. Some might say that’s a little crazy, I call it a love for my students mixed with a bleeding heart for animals. Works for me.

Happy Wednesday from the Marsh!

Adios! -K



6 comments:

  1. I think I already follow you, but if not, can this count as my entry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I replied to this, but maybe I didn't. :) This is a new site so just put your e-mail in at the bottom of this screen where it says subscribe to counselor with a cape by e-mail. Easy as that! :)

      Delete
  2. I love reading your blog.
    Amp42587@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOUUUU my friend are awesome. Thank you for supporting me! I'll enter your e-mail down below, make sure you confirm the e-mail you get! :)

    ReplyDelete