January 24, 2015

Soar.

Gratitude and leaving a legacy are a couple of things that have been running through my mind the past few days. With the passing of my grandma I have spent time reflecting on my life as well as hers. When we were at the funeral service yesterday the pastor was describing her and I couldn’t help but think wow. The fact that someone who had known my grandmother for roughly 60 years and had such amazing things to say about her was awesome. Two things that stuck out to me were service and kindness. She had spent her life serving God and others through nursing. She had spread kindness and love to everyone around her. What a simple yet amazing legacy to leave behind.
The gratitude that I’ve felt over the past few days that this was one of the most influential women in my life is huge. The memories I have of her are filled with love and for that I am so grateful. I believe that there is a special kind of healing found when you have faith in God that He is doing what’s right for you and those around you.
Anyways, this morning I spent some time thinking ahead to 2015 and what my year could look like. What kind of legacy could I leave? See that’s the beauty of a new year. You can set new goals and accomplish anything. It’s like a brand new chapter in your life story that you get to write. Everyday you live you move closer to where you are intended to be, your miracle. Every obstacle you overcome makes you stronger and prepares you for that miracle.
This verse stood out to me a lot in my goal setting this morning:
Isaiah 40:31 “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will fly up on wings like eagles; they will run and not be tired; they will walk and not be weary.”
That being said, I hope everyone takes some time to renew your strength, refocus on where you want to go, and soar. I know I am ready for 2015, because I have BIG things to accomplish, BIG things happening, and will take so many steps towards my miracle.
Here are some of my dreams for 2015:
Live a life more like Jesus.
Have a family.
Be a licensed mental health counselor.
Be a better runner.
Read and write, a lot.
Spread love to those who may not experience it anywhere else.
Do you have inspiring 2015 goals? Shout them out. I would LOVE to hear them.
Have a safe and joyful new year everyone and I will catch up with you in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment