February 04, 2015

Growth...and not the hair kind.

In the last week this has been on my mind a lot. It seems like a lot of people are really into personal growth right now. Which is great, I think? I know personally I’m a fan because if not I would never be who I am right now, which is the best version of me that’s been out probbbbably since the day I was born…. Just kidding, I think I was actually nice for awhile before I started painting cats green, putting sandwiches in the VCR (yes I said VCR, don’t judge me) and being nicknamed “Meanie Jeanie”. Things could only get better from there right?

Anyways, fast forward like 20 years…ugh can’t believe I said 20 years. And here I am. Better than I ever have been, but still striving to become something more; to grow. So my question for everyone out there is; do you dream of being something bigger and better? Do you have a plan to grow? If so, what is it?

I’ve come up with a few things that I think are important to growth:
1. Focus on being better than you were yesterday. Compete with yourself, not anyone else.
2. Set goals. Put them on paper. Make sure they can be measured. And tell 2 friends to hold you accountable.
3. MOVE. Don’t set your goals and think all the work is done. Make an action plan and get going!

My girls group met today and when I think about growth I can’t help but mention that they have grown a lot since the beginning of the year. They have decreased their discipline referrals, become friends with one another, and above all else they have come to trust the group and ultimately trust me. I’m grateful for these crazy kids; they might be the cause in my increase of finding gray hairs, but today reminded me that they’re just little girls.

Things weren’t thatttttt deep the whole group session. We moved on to talking about different kinds of hair. Real hair, fake hair, long hair, short hair, curly hair….and drawn on eyebrows...the important things in life.

Oh and ready or not: here is the winner of the first ever Counselor with a Cape giveaway.....drumroll please....RICO MORENO! (I promise I wrote all the names down on pieces of paper and folded them up 100 times like when we were little. Then Jeff drew the name. :) I will contact you with details.


Adios!! -K

2 comments:

  1. Love these factors important for growing, especially the last one. Move! Everything else will not work unless you do.

    ReplyDelete