February 13, 2015

Things that could be considered crazy..

I saw this topic idea somewhere as I was perusing other people's awesome writing and blogs- so to that person, THANK YOU!

5 things that could be considered crazy... on a FRIDAY!

5. Having a full conversation with your dog before 8am. Don't judge me, it's been a long week.
4. Praying that your students come to school on dress down day without any inappropriate body parts showing. (Flashback to the Great Spandex Epidemic of 2013.)
3. Having an in-depth conversation with a middle schooler about why "pissed" is considered profanity. I mean I guess I get it, it's not one of the most offensive curse words, but none the less still a curse word.
2. Being able to "people watch" in the school you work at (adults are not excluded from this).
1. Throwing a huge party for the 8th grade dance, naming it WHIPLASH, and encouraging kids to participate in a DANCE OFF to win the TITLE of BEST DANCER IN THE MARSH.


All truths. Welcome to my life. :)

For real though- being a middle school counselor could be considered crazy ANY day of the week, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I know I was put here for a reason and I will not grow tired of doing good. My students need me and I need them. If not for anything else other than to keep giving me awesome material for my blog. (I joke..... kinda.) :)



Happy weekend (especially for those of us who are off Monday)! Adios -K



4 comments:

  1. Wait!!!! Pissed is a cuss word?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... for a 13 year old to say at school I think so. Actually I always thought pissed was a cuss word. lol.

      Delete
  2. hhaah LOVE number 5!!

    xo welltraveledwife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish I got some good footage to share. :)

      Delete