March 17, 2015

What do you live for?

This was me this morning at 5:45 am.



I hit the snooze button approximately 3 times, but then I remembered it was jeans day at school and I got super pumped. Why? Because we rarely have jeans days anymore and I LIVE for jeans day. For real! I got up, put a little make-up on, and actually fixed my hair. Anyone who knows me knows I rock the Hermione Granger circa 2001 hair most days (Special thanks to Becker for that one).



But this morning I had a little pep in my step even if I had to pay $2.00 to the Sunshine Committee to be able to wear jeans. That got me thinking which can sometimes lead to trouble, but today led to a blog post.



My thought: “Kylie, you HAVE to start being grateful for the little things or you are not going to make it very far in this world.” I work in a title 1 school, which most of you know is no walk in the park. Sometimes I feel like I am literally running on fumes. But I am grateful that I have a job, that I get to work with kids all day, and that I got to wear jeans today (see I had to throw in some more excitement about jeans day).

But the real point of this post is: life is hectic for everybody. So when is enough, enough? When do you decide your plate is full? When do you rest? What do you do when you’re almost out of steam and it’s only March? How do you refocus? Where do you find your inspiration??

To all my fellow educators out there and anyone else who feels exhausted. Remember these three things:

1. Kids need you. Even when they don’t act like they do.
2. ALL victories (no matter how big or small) should be celebrated.
3. God has your back.




Like I've mentioned before, my co-counselor makes awesome videos that we use here at school to get our presence into all the classrooms. Check them out. You will find some amazing inspiration to fill your tank.

HMMS Counselors Youtube Channel

Adios-K

No comments:

Post a Comment