April 16, 2015

I couldn't live without...

Being health conscious.

I guess I could live without it, but what kind of life would that be? For me, it wouldn’t be a life well lived. Why you might wonder? If you know me, you know that I tend to eat healthy and exercise frequently. I wasn’t always that way though. Growing up I rarely ate healthy. I was SO picky that my parents just gave up and fed me what I liked. Which usually had breading and was accompanied by fries. You can put 2 and 2 together and understand why I looked like this for most of my childhood:

I think this one was 3rd grade?

I don't know when this was. And I don't know that it matters. This is a GEM.
Go ahead, laugh it up. I look like I ate small children for breakfast. But really, my appearance did more than just make me feel fat. I was quiet, I had very little confidence, and I was super self-conscious. It was something that was constantly on my mind. I wasn’t just a couch potato growing up either. I played outside a lot and got involved in dance class and sports at a really young age. Weight was just something that I held onto. (Obviously my eating habits did NOT help).

Moving along. Once I relocated to Florida and got settled in, I joined a gym and finally started on my journey to figuring out what my version of healthy was going to be. Life-changing. Literally. Which leads me to why I can’t live without being health conscious.

1. My confidence has improved immensely. Only a few of my close friends and family have seen that long process occur.

2. I’m more productive. When I’m on a specific workout schedule I tend to stay more organized in other areas of my life as well.

3. And most importantly to me, I feel good when I eat clean and exercise. Mentally and physically. I’m also a sufferer of chronic migraines; so eating paleo-ish has dramatically decreased the frequency of my headaches. Major score for me!


So to round this out today, here is my own transformation. Anyone who is interested in swapping recipes, paleo hacks, or starting a health journey of your own e-mail me! I’d love to hear from you!



Linking up today with for Lauren and Lauren & Pursuit of Pink for things we can't live without.


Pursuit of Pink

post signature

5 comments:

  1. It's really admirable that you've put so much work into something you truly wanted! :) I agree that staying on a regular workout schedule helps me stay organized in other parts of life too - just makes me more productive overall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow!!! That is an incredible transformation. I too have struggled with weight even from a young age (despite my involvement in dance as well). And now that my daughter is almost 2 years old I realize that it is time to change my behavior. My husband and I started eating healthier and making wise decisions when it comes to portion sizes back in February. I realized I've been unhappy with the way I look for virtually my whole life (with the exception of maybe 2 years when I barely ate anything and was hungry all the time, but I was the littlest I'd ever been - albeit very unhappy!!!). I need to do something about my weight and finally be happy with how I look. Plus I really want to set a good example for my daughter. So I agree, eating healthy and working out is becoming quite the priority in my life! (I'm so glad you linked up so I could find your blog...you are an encouragement for sure!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure I wore that EXACT same dance outfit in second grade for a tap performance!!!! I personally couldn't live without wine and pasta, but I also can't live without my running shoes, so after I have eaten all that mess, I can run it off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! I really need to get serious about my own health transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I was just looking at some pics of old dance outfits and whoa, some looked crazy! This is great though and I totally agree that I feel SO much better when I'm eating healthy and in a good exercise routine!

    ReplyDelete