May 27, 2015

It's okay to have the feels sometimes.

A recurring thought I've had this week came from something that was said to me recently by my friend Kayley. She said, "being a person is hard sometimes." I didn't know this was part of a whole statement that originated with Kid President. Not surprised. He is going to be great at adult-ing one day.


Anyways, I do think this is very true for a lot of us. Are you ever in that boat where life just keeps throwing more and more stuff at you? What do you do? That brings me to this: if you died tomorrow would you have lived a completely fulfilled, happy life? I, for one, don't know many people who could answer that 100% yes. Why is that? Is it because we want life to be easier, but we are actually complicating it more and more everyday? How do you get back to the basics? Back to when life was more simple. Here are a few ways I've come to find out really help in keeping me grounded, especially when I'm feeling like hiding under my comforter is a better choice than going to work.


1. Write out your dreams. Where do you see yourself in the future?
2. Say no. It's OKAY to not do everything you're asked to do.
3. Enjoy where you're at in life. This whole life is a process. If you don't enjoy the process what does that leave you with?
4. Let God lead. Get out of his way. NOW! God has something spectacular planned for your life, but he can't get you there if you don't let him. "Your word is a lamp before my feet and a light for my journey." (Psalms 119:105 CEB)

You only get one life. Live it awesomely. Be alive. Experience things. It's okay to just be. Enjoy the ride.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! What a great way to look at life. :)

    ReplyDelete