June 18, 2015

Things that make my heart happy.

Over the last few years I've spent a lot of time getting to know myself. It took a lot to open my eyes on figuring out who I am and who I'm intended to be. I say it that way because who I was definitely wasn't who I was intended to be, and I finally got with the program. I've learned that I have to take deliberate steps in life if I want to grow into my full potential (which is a continual work in progress). I don't plan to go through all the details right this minute, but here's one thing for now:

I think that I need to incorporate things that make my heart happy in my everyday life. This might sound like a silly statement to you because duh, why wouldn't we ALL want to do that?! Well, I think that a lot of us forget that making our hearts happy should be one of our top priorities. We get so tied up in the world and our heart happiness is always the first to go when the going gets tough. I was going to make more of an argument of why I think making my heart happy is important, but I think this will work:


Insert mic drop here.

Just kidding. But if that was real life that would be a really intense mic drop. The Bible itself supports my theory on keeping our hearts happy.

Anyways, now that I've completely gone haywire with my ideas I'll get to my point. Here are things that can almost always make my heart happy, so for that reason I try to incorporate them into my routine frequently.

Homemade Biscuits and Gravy. 
It reminds me of home. My dad taught me how to make B & G when I was younger and while I don't do it often, when I do my heart loves it. (Maybe not my heart health, but my heart happiness does and that's the point right?)

Here's my recipe.
Just kidding, it's a secret. But if you really want it, leave a comment and I will send it to you.

My dog.
I know, most of y'all think I'm some crazy dog lady, which is kind of true. I'm not crazy about all dogs, but I am pretty crazy about mine. There is absolutely nothing better than coming home after a long day and seeing my girl laying in the sun outside and perking up because she sees me pulling in the driveway. Then comes some serious invasive-ness on her part, but I wouldn't have it any other way.


Reading a good book.
Getting completely lost in the story line of a good book is one of my favorite things of all time, but especially when I'm feeling a little down or homesick. You just can't beat it. Any good book suggestions? I am always looking to add to my list, especially during summer!

And finally, Being wrapped up in a bunch of blankets.
I saw this.


And then this happened:


Our version of a nest. I can't take credit for making it (Thanks Mr. L), but definitely will be the one enjoying it! Happy Thursday, I'm ready to catch up on some shows!

1 comment:

  1. Recipe please ..... and we miss your face already.

    ReplyDelete