July 10, 2015

These are my roots and this is what I love

What I love about small towns.


More specifically what I love about my small town. My little town that nobodys ever heard of and I have to describe in detail so they can even figure out where it is geographically.


So here are 5 things that pretty much sum up my love of small towns:

You always know where things are, no matter how long you're gone. Back roads to my friends' houses? No prob. Just like the back of my hand.

You run into people you haven't seen forever and it's like you just saw them yesterday. Oh hey haven't seen you in 10 years, we're still best friends? Okay!

All the good foods I grew up with. All of them! Chinese, BBQ, Sliders and home fries, and my favorite: DONUTS! Specifically the white icing and chocolate chip ones.

Pretty scenery. Big full trees, GREEN grass, and old gravel roads.




It's where my family and some of my favorite people are! Now that I live 1,000 miles away I have a new found appreciation for coming back to my little small town. It's where I grew up and a piece of my heart will always be there. But right now, I get to enjoy it for 9 more days. :)

Happy Friday Ya'll. Linkin' up!

http://alizadventures.blogspot.com/
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment