August 04, 2015

How to: turn 30 somewhat gracefully

Okay so I’m turning 30 soon. And by soon I mean 40 days. Not that I’m counting or anything because that would be really weird of me to know the exact amount of days until I turn 30 when it’s more than a week long. I never thought I’d be that person who starts to panic really think about things when they are nearing 30, but I have to admit that I am. So let me share with you things that are on my mind about turning 30 gracefully.

Get your hair done.
I’ve had gray hair here and there for a few years but now that I’m almost 30 I’m noticing them A LOT more. It’s like I’m starting a gray hair farm on my head. Anyone need any extra gray hairs? I have them. Lucky for me I have a best friend who does hair for a living and hooks it up. (I think she feels embarrassed by my gray hairs too.)

Keep working out.
Because let’s face it. I’m not 20 anymore. It takes me longer to warm up and sometimes just walking into the gym is an accomplishment in my book.

Drink water. And LOTS of it!
I feel like this doesn’t need much of an explanation because drinking water is important at any age.

Do fun stuff.
Try new things, or just make time to do things I already know I love.

Relax.
Finding time to actually rest can be tough. But getting enough sleep every night is more important to me now than ever and scheduling days where I actually rest and not rest a.k.a. meal prep, dishes, sweeping, home improvement, errands, etc. (This gets harder and harder for me).

Love.
Not only love my close friends and family, but spread love to people who may not get it elsewhere. (I keep my precious kiddos at school in mind for this one too.)

And lastly,
Thank the Lord that you made it to 30.
Listen, I’ve had a lot of bumps and bruises in my life prior to this year. I mean A LOT. I’m thanking God that I’ve been able to live 30 whole years without somehow seriously injuring myself.

Here I am, looking almost 30 :)


What are you doing to age gracefully? Is there something I should be doing that I'm not? (you know like wrinkle cream, taking calcium, haha I don't know what else there is but those are things that come to mind.)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I completely freaked out when I turned 25 three years ago... and now I have less than two until I turn 30. I think it won't be so bad this time since 25 felt no different than 24, even after my panicking... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are great tips! I've been finding some gray hair lately too. :(

    ReplyDelete