October 26, 2015

How to avoid jail time during a triple threat week

I've never really been much on superstitions. I think the closest I've ever been to believing one is if a virgin lights the black candle on Hocus Pocus, the Sanderson sisters will appear and terrorize your neighborhood.


However as I've gotten older and have gained more life experience I have come to truly believe in one superstition: crazy things happen when there is a full moon. More specifically children and especially teenagers tend to morph into little (and sometimes big) gremlins.

Now that you understand how frightening that can be let's add some whipped cream to the top of the sundae by stating the obvious that this coming weekend is Halloween and no respectable teenager can come to school without at least attempting to have a costume on because they just can't resist.

And finally the cherry on top of the Sundae: They are all going to be well rested and feeling like they have spring fever because they have been stuck in their homes for a little over 4 days.

We hit the lottery this week.

If you're anything like me you might need to take a couple WOOSAH moments this week so I've compiled a few things that I think might help.

Stay Caffeinated. On a week like this limiting your caffeine or trying not to drink it at all is just setting yourself up for failure. Don't set yourself up for failure. You're going to need the extra boost to keep up.

Pray. A lot. Have you been slacking on your Bible or Devotional reading? This is the perfect week to get back to it because it's only going to be by the grace of God that you survive.


Eat the chocolate. And if you don't have any to eat, buy the chocolate then eat the chocolate. I suggest dark chocolate covered espresso beans. Two birds with one stone. I know, I'm an overachiever. But they really are delicious.

Laugh. Finding humor in tough situations is a lifeline. Use it.

Drink. Disclaimer: Not promoting alcohol consumption. I was thinking more along the lines of staying hydrated with water, but hey if you're a big kid choose a big kid beverage if you want. Not judging at all. Ok, maybe just a little but I am trying not to.

And those are my suggestions on how to avoid jail time during a triple threat week.
Happy Monday.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. buy the chocolate then eat the chocolate - my favorite line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat all the chocolate!!! I love it!!!! ;) this list cracks me up. Way to stay positive!

    ReplyDelete