November 17, 2015

Save your Sanity.

Sometimes I feel like the teacher from Charlie Brown. You know the one. And if you don't, you can't talk to me anymore. Just kidding- if you don't here's an example below. The teacher is teaching and all the kids hear is "wah wah wah wah wah wah waah" instead of the real sounds coming from the lady's mouth.


UGHHHHH. I finally truly understand what my parents used to yell at me about growing up and that whole "in one ear and out the other" saying that I've heard more times than I'd like to admit. BUT then...Today I saw the silver lining.

Those of you who have the patience to keep up with my life know that I have a student at work that's my "school daughter". Well, she was involved in an altercation last week and this morning she found herself face to face with the same girl wanting to fight her again. And then...drum roll please.... SHE WALKED AWAY INSTEAD OF FIGHTING. Yes, you read that right. It might not sound like a big deal, but come spend a couple days with us and you will learn to appreciate any and all wins.

That being said, I've been trying to be better about celebrating wins. It's in like every leadership book and theory on the planet that you should spend time celebrating wins. But why? Today it clicked. For me celebrating wins isn't just a way to recognize something good happened. Celebrating wins....

Reminds me of why I'm doing what I'm doing.

Gives me a reason to want to continue.

Is my reward for a job well done.

Is a huge deposit in my personal bank account a.k.a. the good feels.

It solidifies my mission of spreading love to those who may not get it elsewhere. 

Most importantly, it gives me the confirmation that I'm right where I need to be.

And that is the why behind celebrating even the tiniest of wins. Don't just take my word for it. Try it out. You won't be sorry!

Now, go do something awesome.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Little wins or big wins... doesn't matter! Celebrate them all!! :)

    ReplyDelete