November 02, 2015

Throw away your planner.....just kidding.


Isn't that the truth?!

My life has been hectic lately. It's also been really unpredictable. That being said, I've struggled some weeks to write anything at all on here. I know nobody holds that against me, but I do feel compelled to explain myself a little bit. With being sick I've had to learn to live in a new season of life. This new season that is upon me is full of unknowns, slowing down, doctor appointments, lots of sleeps, learning to be more flexible, and saying no sometimes. ALL new things for me. (Except maybe the sleeps, because everyone knows I sure do love to sleep).

Anyways.  Here lately things haven't been going as planned and I'm learning that that's okay. It's not necessary to be hard on myself when something on my to do list doesn't get done. I don't need to feel disappointed if my blog post is a couple days late. I'm an INFP so by nature I'm not only a perfectionist, but I have some seriously high standards for myself. And let me tell you, I am relentless when it comes to things I want to accomplish. (My top strength on my strengths finder 2.0 is discipline). Ok I'm revealing way too much about my life, so let me get back to the point.

I know I'm not the only person in the world who finds value in being productive. I also know I'm not the only person out there who is hard on themselves when things don't go as planned. But I'm here to bare witness to all of you that....the sun will rise another day...even if you don't get to mark off that last thing on your list. I can't even believe that just came out of MY mouth. But it's true. So often we get caught up in the whirlwind of life that we forget to slow down and enjoy it. If you don't take the time to truly experience life, what will you have to show from your years here?

I don't know about you, but that's a pretty big wake up call for me. It's like the universe is knocking on my forehead yelling "Hey, hey you! You in there? Quit living life by a rubric." Touche universe. Tou. che.

Let me end with something that's inspiring me to embrace what life is throwing at me and be patient for what's to come.


Monday, I'm not terribly upset to see you go. Trying to work on that attitude.

P.S. My dogs got some new toys today. If you are the parent of a fur baby that is super destructive to toys you've got to try these Tuffy toys. Best $30 ever spent. I wish I was that happy over a turtle and a lobster. The first round we bought are all still mostly in tact after several months! That's a win in my book. Mya approves too.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. I COMPLETELY understand how you're feeling. While I haven't been sick, I do feel as though I want to be productive, and some days I just can't finish all that I want to be done. I love your Fairy Godmother quote--I'm going to use that when I expect myself to finish everything quickly!

    I hope things slow down for you soon :)

    Lauren :)
    ohheyilikethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete