March 16, 2016

This weeks happenings.

Remember back when I wrote this post about things I'm NOT going to do in 2016?

Taking that post into considering, I had to back off from my writing a little this last week or so. I want to write...I also want to be the best wife, counselor, friend, yaya, the list goes on and on. But guess what? I'm exhausted. And in the spirit of not being so hard on myself I've had to work a little harder at relaxing. I know that sounds like an oxymoron- who has to actually put hard work into relaxing? Well, I do. Again, don't judge me. Being a person is hard sometimes. That being said, I wanted to share with you some things I've done in the last week to de-stress and get my sanity back.

Read.
I just finished this book and it was SUPER hard to get into and usually those kinds of books completely lose my attention before I get past the first chapter. But I stuck with this one and it was decent. I wouldn't give it 5 stars by any means, but if you've read all the books you're interested in and are looking for a back up, this would work. I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.


At home spa type stuff.
I got a few things in the mail from the Glam Vox Box campaign that have proven to be really awesome. This was probably my favorite Vox Box so far! I'm really considering adding some of these products to my life! I really wanted to share with you the Shea Moisture Products that I used this week. I LOVED them.


The face wash was amazing and the moisturizer is probably a new top 10 of mine. I'd highly recommend you check this line out!

Sleep
I think that speaks for itself but if you wanted a clearer picture let me elaborate:


Not staged at all. Real sleep and the dog positioned herself. You're welcome.

I'll be back soon I promise.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. So glad to know you. One of these days I'll buy you an Ice Cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to work to relax too! I don't think there is anything wrong with being intentional about relaxing, the same way I am intentional about anything else in my life. But it's hard sometimes to put down the to do list and the phone and just BE. Keep it up. Relaxing is important, especially for busy, on-the-go women. Go easy on yourself. #IWillIfYouWill :)

    ReplyDelete