March 01, 2016

Why patience is a virtue...that I haven't quite mastered yet.

Today was nothing but a test of my patience. Not to toot my own horn, but this is my 4th year in the Marsh; so there isn't a whole lot that surprises me or stresses me out anymore...but today gave me a run for my money (I can write a run on sentence a mile long, don't try me).

Today was our first day of state mandated testing for the spring. I want to sum it up as fast as possible for you so here is a cliffs notes version of the things that happened in my life today:
  • I started out my day with having 7 vials of blood drawn. At this point I'm thinking they should take extra when I go in so I don't have to come back so often. (Or you'd think someone in the world would be able to figure out what's going on with me!??!?!)
  • Student raises hand during writing test and asks how to spell environment. Really dude?
  • A button that plays the animated voice of Scar saying "I'm surrounded by idiots" was hit no less than 100 times today. (As far as I can remember, I did NOT hit the button....but my memory isn't very good.)
  • A student e-mailed me today for approximately the 8th time to ask for a schedule change after he was told it wasn't possible...2-3 times by me, 1-2 times by our other counselor, and at least 1 time by an assistant principal. I guess he's developing his strength of persistence?
  • I ate lunch at 1:45pm. Anyone who knows me knows that in my mind this is the worst thing that happened to me today. I happen to love food, and might get super hangry when meals are spread too far apart. I might need to apologize to whoever was in the staff dining area when I was heating up my lunch today....
  • But through all my huffing and puffing at the end of my work day I did take the time to really think on my way home. And through that thought process I wanted to share this bottom line:
Laugh off the hard days.

That's all. If you can't laugh are you truly enjoying life?

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Life is better when you're laughing! And the Scar thing made me laugh so thanks for making my life a little better today :)

    There's always tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete