May 14, 2016

Good feels.

Okay soooo I've been a little quieter than usual lately, I know. I've been cruising along pretty steadily on the struggle bus of life. Update: I'm still a medical anomaly. I promise one day I will share more.

Until then, I wanted to share with you guys something that I experienced this week. My first as a school counselor. I volunteer on a crisis counseling team; so basically if any sort of tragedy happens at a school, they rally the troops. Literally. They call down the phone tree of the crisis team and a group of counselors goes to support that school's counselor as well as their students and staff. It's pretty amazing when you think about it. Here's what I see:

We work in a tough area.
Our jobs are far from easy.
And the stress level...don't even get me started.

However, above and beyond trying to reach the hundreds of kids in our own schools we came together and worked for the greater good. The good of the community. And that is what I love about being a counselor.

Imagine a world where we all banded together to work for the greater good rather than our own motives. I am lucky enough to experience this with the amazing group of people I get to work with. It's not often you have such a solid group of people that you know you can rely on, always. So here's to my Lighthouse people! More like a family than a school leadership team. I feel blessed to work beside people who would go to any length to make a difference in a kid's life.

Make this plural and this is for you guys:


Someone come over here and make me stop working on a Saturday! Happy weekend!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are part of such a great support system! That can make all the difference in the world! :)

    ReplyDelete